Thursday, February 16, 2006

First Post!

I created this blog account yesterday, but didn't have time for a post. It looks so forlorn with no posts, however, so I want to get it started. This first post will be quick, since I just promised my son that he could do a computer game when I'm done. At 3, his "wait time" is very short. I know, I know, 3 year olds shouldn't be playing computer games -- bad for their brain development and all that. I am a woman of pretty high standards and principles, but I confess to buying myself some time to do the dishes with various forms of electronic media.

So now I've begun my blog by revealing a parenting practice that wouldn't be tops on my list of "reasons I'm a good mom". Ah well, a little humility is a good thing! One thing I *do* try to model for my children is keeping my promises, so I'm signing off to turn the computer over to my son and Bob the Builder.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, Stephanie! I'll warn you: it's addicting and there's a whole blogging "subculture" out there that I never knew existed. But I have a lot of fun with mine and I'm looking forward to reading yours as well. I have you bookmarked now! ;)

Aliki2006 said...

Aha! I found you here, too! I confess to being a blogger, too, although my blog is a relative newborn now. I've always been an avid diary-keeper, so keeping a blog seems, well, somehow natural!

I'll bookmark yours too--hooray!

(did you figure out who this Junebug mama is?)