Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Day Late and a Dollar -- O.K., Many Dollars --Short

My friend over at Memoirs of a Chaotic Mommy tagged me for this meme well before Christmas, but I just didn't have time to get to it before the big day. My computer time is getting more limited now that Ethan is more awake. (He's nearly 3 1/2 months old already!) Plus, our computer room is *freezing* in the winter, so I tend to check email and get out! Which is also why I'm not keeping up with everyone's blogs as much as I would like to. I'm keeping up with reading them better than with commenting on them. I'm more of a lurker these days.

Anyhoo, here are my post Christmas answers:

“Favourite Christmas memory…”

Making breakfast with my sisters every Christmas morning once we got old enough. Our dad insisted on having breakfast before we attacked the presents, and the wait was excruciating for us! So my middle sister and I eventually got the idea to make breakfast as soon as we woke up. We would make something to eat -- at first cereal and toast; later, more elaborate hot breakfasts. Then we would wake our parents (think 6 am) and announce that breakfast was served! When our younger sister got old enough we included her in the ritual. It was a tradition we continued until we left home, though we eventually stopped getting up *quite* so early!

“Favourite Christmas song/carol…”

I love so many of them. I would say "O Holy Night" and "Carol of the Bells"

"Favorite Christmas Movie"

How the Grinch Stole Christmas The older TV-special version, that is.

"Favorite Christmas Character"

Mary. Gotta give props to any woman who gives birth in a stable, lol!

“Favourite Christmas ornament/object…”

No specific one. I have several "special" ornaments that I like about equally.

“Plans for this Christmas…”

We opened presents at home on Christmas morning, then went to my parents house for the afternoon/evening, as usual, and had a wonderful time!

“Is Christmas your favourite holiday?”

Yes, absolutely.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have so many wonderful memories of Christmas with you and Mandy and Laura!! Right up there is the one when you came home as a surprise to me. It would have been the first Christmas that all of us wouldn't have been together, and I was just not ready for that. You were my best Christmas present that year!!!
The breakfast idea was a teriffic one for me, speaking as the mom who didn't have to fix it!! :-)

Christmas with all *6* of our adorable grandchildren this year was just the best of times. Having Laura and Rick here would have made it perfect, but I have learned (or am learning) to enjoy what IS without regretting what isn't, especially if I can't change it. I love you, Sweetie!

Mom

Angela DeRossett said...

I love reading other people's favorite memories. We always got up around 6am also and now our children are keeping up that tradition...LOL!

Paper Dali said...

Ohhh, sweet memories. Thanks for sharing them.

(pause)

I hope my kids get the tradition of waking up early and making breakfast for everyone someday ... hee, hee.

Victoria said...

Loved this, Stephanie: "'Favorite Christmas Character' Mary. Gotta give props to any woman who gives birth in a stable."

=)