Friday, February 01, 2008

The Final Car Seat (I hope)!

Ethan weighed in at a whooping 19 lbs., 1 oz. at his 4 month check up a couple of weeks ago. The infant car seat we had borrowed from a friend had a weight limit of 20 lbs, so it was time for a new one. Needless to say, I wanted to get one that was BIG, with good safety and a high weight limit. The one we choose is rated for rear facing to 35 lbs and forward facing to 70 lbs. I had 60 lb, 48 inch Alexander sit in it and he fit just fine at the highest head rest level. Cool. (I wish I'd snapped *his* picture in it too!) The company manufactures race car seats, so I feel pretty good about the safety too. It cost an arm and a leg, but who can put a price on this precious face? :o)



My car seat fanatic friends (you know who you are!) will notice that the head rest and shoulder straps are not properly adjusted for Ethan in this picture. He was just trying it out. Rest assured that we adjusted it properly before we installed it. We're off to have the installation inspected later today, just to be sure.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one luxurious-looking car seat. Ethan looks both comfortable and smug in that picture.

Yehva weighed 11 1/2 pounds at her four-month check up. Maybe she'll be like my friend's little girl who was in an infant car seat until she was almost two.

naturalmom said...

It *is* pretty luxurious, lol!

Was your friend's seat a 20lb. seat? Some infant seats go to 30 lbs now, though I've known a couple of babies who don't hit 20 lbs until well after age one. If I had bought my own I would have gotten a 30 pounder given my track record of big babies. As it is, I'm really glad I borrowed Calder's. Thinking of the money I saved by not buying a new infant seat took a little bit of the sting out of the price of this new seat!

Angela DeRossett said...

I cannot believe how big that boy is getting!!! He is absolutely precious!

Aliki2006 said...

Looks like a wonderful car seat--and he looks like he's thoroughly enjoying it as well!

huddtoo said...

What a cute pic. He looks comfy and happy in a nice roomy seat. Cute socks too! ;)

LOL at the car seat fanatics..I know who they are too. hehe Good for you for taking it to be inspected. Most any state police barracks will do that for you.

Jennifer said...

Um...car seat fanatic checking in. ;) LOVE his cozy, cushy seat! He looks like a little prince on his throne. He's just adorable.

Paper Dali said...

Sigh. I wish grown-ups had seats that comfortable. Double sigh.

He's adorable and looking quite happy. : )

Victoria said...

LOL about the car seat fanatic comment! *giggle* What a beautiful, happy, boy!! He's such a cutie! The seat is nice too. *grin*

My Girl is still in a five point harness car seat. She's been begging to move to a "big kid booster". I'm such a mean mom.

vegiemama said...

OMG, how did that little boy get so big????? He's so c-u-t-e!

Angela DeRossett said...

I have an award for you...come grab it!