Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Julie's Mom

Tonight, I was getting in my van after Brianna's swim class when a woman I know passed right in front of my headlights. She is the mother of one of Alexander's preschool classmates. I see her almost daily at the preschool, and we've chatted briefly a time or two. Tonight I saw her clearly, and it seemed as though she was just averting her eyes after seeing me. I moved to call out a hello, but stopped short. I didn't know her name! "Hi Julie's Mom!" seems a strange greeting between two grown women after dark, so I just buckled up and drove away. She seems to be a woman of average friendliness, so I'm sure she would have called out a greeting herself had she been able to call out something other than "Hi Alexander's Mom!" :o)

I'm going to look her up on the class phone tree tonight. I bet she's looking me up right now...

Sorry for the long break between posts. I haven't been feeling very introspective lately, and we're having trouble downloading pics from our digital camera all of a sudden, so I can't even do fun photo posts. Gotta get that fixed before Thanksgiving so we can take pictures! :-O

3 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

I've had those awkward moments myself...it's hard to be known as someone's mom all the time, yet sometimes that really is the only way I can remember some people!

Glad you're back!

Jennifer said...

That's so funny. I am known as "Aidan's mom" in many circles. Except the ones where I am known as "Tessa's mom". ;)

Aliki2006 said...

Hi Stephanie--could you drop me an e-mail at Alissaloopy at aol dot com so I can, in turn, e-mail you something?

Thanks!