Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Glimpses of Our Life















My darling hubby's not-so-subtle hint that it's time to get packed for a trip to the birth center.

I'm trying to think what I could put in here that I won't need in the next few weeks. Clothes for the baby, I suppose. I have no idea what might fit me when the time comes. My hips have, um, spread. Perhaps a wrap skirt is in order...















I love this doodle Brianna did on our chalk board. It so illustrates the bond she has with Alexander. (It says "Alexander the crasey bananna") She loves his craziness even though it exasperates her at times. The rest of us feel the same way.


Thanks to Aliki for passing on this blog award. It's nice to know that others enjoy my random thoughts, lol!

I'll pass it forward to Ma, Jenny, and Jennifer -- for her most recent post about her darling youngest son, which I didn't comment on, but thoroughly enjoyed. (Follow the link.)

6 comments:

vegiemama said...

LOL, well at least you have your suitcase out! That's more than I had done when I went into labor with dd10. I was working Weds/Thurs, had the weekend off, and was going to pack on the weekend. I mean, after all, it was 3 weeks before my due date--I had plenty of time, right? Except my water broke on Thursday morning. So there I am, with my dh querying as to what on earth I was doing in the middle of the night (well duh, honey, there are a few things I might need at the hospital ;-) and nagging at me to "hurry up or you'll have this baby at home!" (and that would have been a BAD thing?) when I wasn't even contracting yet. Anyway, I learned my lesson and packed my suitcase the minute I knew I was pregnant with ds5. Well ok, not quite ;-)

Aliki2006 said...

I'm not sure I ever really packed a suitcase with Tessa! But with Liam, of course, it was totally packed weeks early.

Paper Dali said...

Your husband is so subtle. LOL

For my first labor, I overpacked. Totally. I even took board games in case the labor was dull and long. ROFL

My second and third? I took extra pillows, blankets and warm jammies. That's pretty much it. I just remember always being cold in the hospital, even though the birthdays were in April and July.

Have fun packing. ;-)

Jennifer said...

I love the "subtle" hint! LOL!

And, I totally love the "crasey bananna" sketch. That is too cute.

And, aw, thank you for the award! I'm not sure how "nice" I am, really, but I will try to rise to the honor. Thank you! :)

Victoria said...

"crasey bananna" is sooo sweet! Good luck with packing! It's so near - how exciting!

Angela DeRossett said...

So excited for you! Not too much longer!!~Andie